Saturday 27 February 2010

Unwell but writing is a help

Haven't been on my blog very much due to being unwell. Some ghastly virus, I hope. Always worry that it's something more.

Have some good days and some bad. Am relatively OK today. Partner has been doing so much with the animals, and cooking etc., as well as running our business, single handed, including launching bis-zone.com. He deserves a pat on the back - but I haven't the energy even to reach up and administer one (he's 6ft 5, so it'd mean being on tip toes, and I might keel over ...) Have been a bit down about how much work I'm not doing, then it hit me - I can still write, even on the sofa with my lap-top on my - er - lap, which I guess is the whole point of it (I've never actually tried to work the thing like this before, and the heat was a bit of a surprise. Thought my temp had gone up again for a minute, but it's an unlikely area for a fever ... at least, it is at my age ...)

Have managed to write a couple of stories, of dubious merit, but at least Roger can see I'm trying to be productive, in return for all he's having to do whilst I'm laid up.

It's raining hard,now, and I've got to get back from the caravan where our office, and my proper (online) computer is, to the house where I can only work on the off-line thigh-scorcher. Perhaps I shouldn't have ventured down here but it's been good to get out, and have a browse around the web. Great new posts today on the Womagblog - a real tonic.

Thanks to everyone who's come to my blog - still can't work out how people get to me but it's lovely that they do!

Am going to do my 50 yard commute home, now, through the driving rain, across a muddy farmyard - at least the traffic is never a problem on my journeys to and from the office - if I see even a single car it'll mean someone's seriously lost, and on the point of calling out the Mountain Rescue :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi

    Oh you poor thing! Do take care and I hope you have plenty and plenty of rest. Thank goodness for your laptop and very understanding and very tall! partner.

    Glad to know that writing is keeping you company too. I thoroughly agree about the latest blog piece from the fab womagwriter - such invaluable advice and insight.

    take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Cadno, sorry to hear about you not being well. Seriously, you should probably put something underneath your laptop like a newspaper or magazine. This is the advice my husband gave me, having read about people actually getting burns from laptops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, poor you, feeling ill is so rubbish! Obviously.
    I hope you get better soon and I'm glad you can manage a bit of writing.
    I always curl up on the sofa with my laptop balanced half on me, half on the arm of the sofa, so it won't overheat. I adopted this casual loll position after suffering back pain in my stupid computer chair.
    Look after yourself,
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better now. You sound a very determined writer. Womagwriter is a fabulous help, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete